Welcome to the last one of these look back at the week, as we barrel towards the end of a very turbulent year.
It’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
Travel Restrictions and Testing
I’m attempting to keep on top of the Travel Restrictions currently in play at the minute, with an at least once-daily/twice-daily update.
- Travel Restrictions for people travelling from the United Kingdom – The current list of restrictions, updated regularly.
- European countries slowly begin to reopen, whilst other countries close their borders – The European Commissions position on UK Travellers entering its territory.
- Travel Restrictions for UK based travellers to 24th December – For restrictions posted until 24th December
There are changes if you’re planning to travel from the UK to the USA
- Passengers travelling to the US from the UK will require a negative COVID-19 test – Test Before you depart, either with a PCR or Antigen test.
- COVID Testing and Transatlantic Flights: PCR tests start to be required BEFORE travelling for some states – Announced before the US CDC required passengers to have a PCR test
New Aircraft News
- Alaska Airlines gives Boeing an early Christmas Present of a restructured order – more MAX’s for Boeing
Routes and Networks
- Merry Christmas from Economy Class and Beyond – It may not be the Christmas we wanted, but it is the one we had.
For what it’s worth, I’ll be doing my some of my usual “Review 2020” posts, looking back at the year (in its limited form), pondering what is next for 2021.
On top of that, we’ll be keeping an eye on the continuing changes in travel restrictions
Until then, stay safe, wear a face covering and I’ll catch you next week!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.