We’re into week 2 of 2021… which is turning out just swell it seems, judging what’s going on in the world.
Things are continuing away at Economy Class and Beyond with everyone coming back from holidays.
Let us see what’s new this week:
- Emirates to send their Premium Economy equipped A380 to London – but good luck buying a seat… – Discretionary Upgrades for now.
- British Airways announces new EuroTraveller catering options – New food options ahead. No more Percy Pigs though…
UK Travel Changes
- England and Scotland move into Lockdown – Travel Restricted – Here we go again. Lockdown number 3.
- UK Travel Corridor List: New additions – More restrictions added, travel from some countries banned.
- U.K. to require COVID-19 tests before arriving – Nine months too late, UK to require negative COVID-19 test before entering the country. Which tests, we’ll find out next week
Routes and Networks
- Qatar Airways to bring forward its Seattle route launch – Pulling forward the launch to the end of January
- Cathay Pacific to operate limited Hong Kong to London Services – Limited services to London during January (no services TO Hong Kong at this time).
- Viasat gains a big win for Delta in-flight connectivity – 300 aircraft to be fitted to Viasat in-flight connectivity
- Grand Central Railway and Hull Trains suspend services again – Two open access operators suspend services, again
Things remain in flux, with airlines adjusting to the third lockdown and life slowing down again in the UK. However, there is still plenty of items of interest out there and I’ll be covering them as best I can.
Until then, stay safe, keep warm and wear a mask, please!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.