It’s Sunday again and this week can be filed under “one of those weeks”. It’s Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Negative COVID-19 Testing for UK Arrivals
The UK Government finally got its backside in gear to launch COVID-19 pre-arrival testing. Other countries are also doing this shortly.
It’s been a fast-changing week with all the travel corridors finally suspended on Friday. Archived for historical purposes.
- UK to suspend all travel corridors – And the final 65 go.
- UK Moves to ban movement from several countries – And most of South America…
- UK Travel Corridors:United Arab Emirates Removed – UAE falls first
Routes and Networks
- Emirates to relaunch three US Routes, boosts North and South America network – Emirates adds more destinations to the USA, and boosts a few routes too
- Norwegian Air Shuttle abandons long haul operations – Anyone want to buy some Boeing 787 aircraft? That’s a lot of 787 aircraft and staff that need new homes…
Buy a ticket, please?
- Turkish Airlines to offer a 40% off flash sale – Expired now, but expect other airlines to follow with flash sales
With the industry still trying to work out its next steps, this week is going to be critical for both airports and airlines in the UK. We’ll be monitoring what happens during the week.
Until then, stay safe and wear a mask.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.