The clocks have jumped forward in the United Kingdom, indicating the start of British Summer Time (you have adjusted your clocks haven’t you?). It’s also Sunday, which means it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
- UK Government to impose £5000 fines if you’re caught going on Holiday – Are you sure you’re not swanning off on holiday to somewhere else? Get caught and it’s £5000 extra.
- Ireland to implement a Hotel Quarantine Programme – Ireland implements its Hotel Quarantine Programme
A note on comments before I go much further. I’ve noticed an uptick in some comments that are getting… downright nasty (especially on posts where there are quarantines or restrictions). Whist I do welcome comments on the blog, I reserve the right to censor them or outright refuse the publish them.
In other words – please be excellent to one another, or face my ban button.
Routes and Networks
- Aer Lingus formally opens its Manchester-based operation for bookings – holiday traffic targeted, along with A321LR operations out of Manchester.
- Qatar Airways to return to Mykonos – A320 returns to Mykonos, connecting it to Doha and beyond
- Austrian Airlines outlines its winter 2021 programme, with Cancún to rejoin the network – Lesuire is the name of the game for Austrian’s long haul programme
- Frontier rolls out the Recaro SL3710 on its new aircraft – Lightweight seats by Recaro, now in-flight in North America
- British Airways starts to sell First Class Meal Kits – To Sell First-Class Meals, To Self Cook
- Collinson to expand COVID-19 testing for the summer season – More private testing sites opening-up
It’s almost the end of the financial year and also, the run-up to the Easter Weekend.
With the first set of changes happening in the UK from the 29th March (which should allow for some changes in day to day life), no doubt there will be some confusion about what you can do… and what you can’t do.
We’ll be covering the changes on Monday, as well as our normal programming of Passenger Experience, interesting routes and networks as well as a little travel technology.
Until then, stay safe, wear a mask and be excellent to one another!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.