Air France is putting its entire La Première menu in the hands of a Triple Michelin star chef – Arnaud Donckele, marking the first time the entire menu has been designed by one chef for the airline.
The dishes by Arnaud Donckele will be available between July to October 2021, on departures from Paris-Charles de Gaulle.
The menu is designed in collaboration with Servair’s Culinary Studio. As such, the chef has created an appetizer, a starter and seven main dishes for Air France, which will be revealed progressively over the next four months.
What is being offered?
There are some rather interesting dishes being offered. These include:
- Anise caviar
- Roasted langoustine and roasted head velvet infused with chestnut honey and rosemary;
- Quinoa, back from a trip to the Middle East, like a vegetable tabbouleh;
- Smoked Buratta ravioli, seasoned in the spirit of a ‘mendiant salé’;
- Just seared scallops, fumet n°4: Praline iodine, stuffed mushrooms
- Jean GIONO-style cod, aquamarine broth;
- Veal cheek confit in messina style, anchovy and potatoes with melting onions;
- Tender grilled fillet of lamb, tuberous vegetables, with a fresh salad;
- Poached poultry in artichoke and basil broth, supreme pesto sauce and macaroni au gratin with parmesan;
- Volaille pochée dans un bouillon artichaut et basilic, sauce suprême au pistou et macaronis gratinés au parmesan
Again, this offering will be available from Paris Charles de Gaulle. Catering from outstations will vary.
Bringing Cuisine to the air
If you’ve been around the Economy Class and Beyond blog for a long time (and I’m talking 2008ish), I visited Gate Gourmet in San Francisco, you’ll know it is not an easy process to balance what will work in the air and what will degrade.
The menus for those in La Première should delight the tastebuds – providing of course you can 1) travel and 2) afford La Première (either via hard cash or points).
Certainly something for those who like their travel experience to be like a restaurant in the air.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.