We’ve hit the end of another week again – it therefore must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
TRIP REPORT: Sweet Home Chicago
I’ve been busy this week getting out the current trip report – with nearly a segment each day. Thank you for your support in reading them – it makes a difference!
- Off to Heathrow (Take the coach they say. It’s fun they say…)
- The Cathay Pacific Lounge (Business Class), Heathrow Airport
- American Airlines AA87 London Heathrow to Chicago O’Hare (Main Cabin Extra)
- Into the USA, Crowne Plaza O’Hare
- The Hyatt Regency O’Hare
New Aircraft News
- Air Lease Corp signs for another 32 Boeing 737 MAX aircraft – A mix of 737-8 and 737-9 added to the order book.
- Eurowings enters The Matrix with its first A320neo – Another airline goes into The Matrix.
Routes and Networks
- Emirates to continue its network ramp up, adding frequencies and destinations – Stansted comes back to the Emirates network.
- Qantas and Jetstar expand with new services to Bengaluru and Seoul – Three new routes, with a little commercial help.
- Condor goes stripy – and lots of different colour stripes… – Well, it’s different…
- Norwegian Air Shuttle to drop face-covering requirement – One less carrier requiring face coverings
- Planning to travel during Easter on the UK Railway? Are you *sure* that’s a good idea? – Put it like this: Guess who is in the car over Easter….
I’m also in the midst of planning some summer madness – as we all need a little bit of sanity in the world that we are in today – suffice to say, I’m looking at my Tier Point balance and working out how to hit Silver in 2022.
We’ll be continuing the Chicago Trip Report next week, whilst we cover the usual news and views.
But until we meet on Easter Saturday, stay safe and happy landing!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.