It’s fast heading to the end of May, but even then, it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
It’s coming back from the 5th of June all things being equal – The West Midlands Metro finally restarts services after being taken out of service for months due to faults. Just in time for the Commonwealth Games.
- Eurowings selects Geven’s Esszena seat for their retrofit programme – More Esszena out on Lufthansa Group aircraft.
Routes and Network
- Virgin Atlantic to return to Cape Town – A winter service from Virgin Atlantic.
- Norse Atlantic Airways confirms London Gatwick to New York route launch – The opening gambit for Norse Atlantic Airways out of London. Expect more routes as the airline settles in
- Visiting the USA? ESTA prices are heading UP – An ESTA will now set you back $21. Lovely.
- The Elizabeth Line in London is open! What to expect…. Trains, Escalators, Platforms, as well as why there’s no direct service between Heathrow and Central London… yet.
- (Awful) TRAVEL TECHNOLOGY – Vido Sound Wireless Headphones – If I start issuing negative scores for reviews, this would be on the list.
It’s Platinum Jubilee Week in the United Kingdom, with two bank holidays on Thursday and Friday. We’ll have a Bank Holiday travel update and a few other things.
In addition, we’re continuing our ram-up to Aircraft Interiors Expo 2022, keeping an eye on the passenger experience headlines, as well as our usual mixture of coverage.
Until then, Happy Landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.