It’s time to cool down after a hot week – and that’s just weather. Welcome to Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
It’s almost time for the Commonwealth Games to begin in Birmingham.
Heathrow is still a hot mess
Even after the cap was announced last week, we know Heathrow is a hot mess. Here’s my experience, along with an airline going “meh”.
- The Heathrow Arrivals Experience: It’s still an omnishambles – My thoughts on a recent arrivals experience.
- Finnair accepts the Heathrow Cap under pressure – limits placed on seats to the airport
Trip Report – AIX2022 – Back in Person
The first parts of the trip report have finally made it out of my writing purgatory and onto the interwebs.
- Back in Person with British Airways
- Off to Heathrow and British Airways T5 South Lounge
- BA0974 London Heathrow to Hamburg (CLUB EUROPE)
Farmborough Daily Digest
We’ve spent a fair bit of time going through the releases. Here’s a meta look at the digests that we wrote. It’s been a quieter airshow, with Boeing taking several wins, whereas it’s been quiet at Airbus. And ATR did very well too.
- Farnborough Air Show – Day 1 Daily Digest
- Farnborough Air Show – Day 2 Daily Digest
- Farnborough Air Show – Day 3 Daily Digest
- Farnborough Air Show – Day 4 Daily Digest – Last Orders, please!
This week, we’ve been quiet – mainly due to Farnborough. We’ve got our final notes and comments next week.
- easyJet to add new support measures for its customers over the summer – More boots on the ground and more call centre staff to help
- Embraer take their E192-E2 out to London City Airport – pre-certification visit for the E195-E2
Planes and Trains
- KLM and Thalys kick off their transfer service between Amsterdam and Brussels – Nice start. Do more.
As we now enter the summer holidays and summer season, things will start quitting down a little on our front. I’ve got a bunch of stuff coming about some recent passenger experience things, as well as some more highlights from AIX – along with our usual coverage of the world of commercial aviation and passenger experience.
If you’re travelling, allow extra time for your trips – suffice to say, queueing will be part of your summer.
Until next week -stay safe and happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.