We have reached the end of the week – so it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Windsor Castle from the Air – Shot in August 2022.
The news of Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II passing on Thursday has had an impact on this blog – like most UK-based press – who have either changed their publishing schedule out of respect or changed their planned output. We chose not to publish on Friday as a mark of respect and are evaluating our output over the next week or so.
In addition, we will be halting publishing on 19th September (the announced date of the funeral).
- When Anime/Manga and Airlines collide: ANA to debut “Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba” special aircraft – More Demon Slayer aircraft ahead.
- Brussels Airlines and Brussels Airport launch passenger “self drop” – Also for all Lufthansa Group airlines departing out of Brussels.
Routes and Networks
- ITA Airways to add India to its network – New Delhi in sight for ITA Airways
- IHG suffers a cyberattack – here’s what to do next – It might be an idea to change your IHG password.
- Bluebox to provide Jetstar with Blueview Entertainment System – Hello, Jetstar Entertainment
- Emirates selects Thales AVANT UP IFE System for its Airbus A350 fleet – 4K HDR goodness on the way to Emirates
- Peak time fares for Heathrow to Central London services on the Elizabeth Line and Underground go into effect – Fares are heading up £2 each way.
At Economy Class and Beyond, we’ll be picking up our normal publishing schedule on Sunday and progressing through the news and headlines as well as some reviews.
Some items have been placed on hold until the 20th of September for obvious reasons.
Until next week – stay safe out there.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.