We’re at the end of a travel week at Economy Class and Beyond, where my feet are… well… not up, but are resting after a busy weekend in Chicago last week.
We don’t talk about Derby. Or this… whatever it is that East Midlands Railway is trying to push here.
As such, I’ve been light on the presses this week as I’ve had more than a few things to do in the real world (TM) and my backlog is looking… fun. It didn’t help I needed to head to Derby today.
- My best value redemption (and why you need to consider the value of awards in programmes) – Featuring Costa Coffee Rewards.
New Aircraft News
- Virgin Atlantic takes delivery of its first Airbus A330-900neo – This neo heads into the Virgin Matrix.
- TUI fly Belgium selects Embraer E195-E2 aircraft to add to its fleet – Apparently, someone was angry I did not show any pictures of the interior. It’s pretty hard to get an interior shot when the aircraft hasn’t been delivered yet. I guess they believed in Time Machines.
- Airbus A330-300P2F – now with Amazon Air shipping – Now with Prime Shipping
- Embraer and Nordic Air Capital finalise E-Jet freighter order – Smaller Jet freighters on the way.
Routes and Networks
- Norse Atlantic UK gets the green light to operate flights – First, it has to survive a fiscal winter
- Rwandair prepares to launch Kigali to London Heathrow – Direct flights to Rwanda. Any other headlines you want to make up are your own.
Backlog remains the name of the game as we go through some of the more interesting releases that hit my inbox whilst I was off. I’ve also got a few snapshots coming out next week – as well as the main trip report which is… *checks polite terms* is in flight.
The impolite term? I’ve got an <redacted> of writing ahead.
As well as that, we’ll have our usual mixture of news from around the industry as well as things that people aren’t paying attention to.
Until then, happy landings. I’m going to head back to bed.
Jetlag never gets old sadly.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, featuring in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.