We’ve had a bit of snow and wet days in the Midlands. But as we head to the mid-point of the weekend, it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
There was snow – St Philips Square (or Pidgeon Park), Central Birmingham
The Business of Aviation
- Airlines coordinate action over Dutch government caps at Schiphol Airport – You know it’s never good when airlines are in cahoots with each other.
- airBaltic to lease additional capacity for the summer season – It seems that supply chain shortages are forcing additional
- ANA unveils its low-cost long-haul operation – AirJapan – ANA Responds to JAL in its own way
Routes and Networks
- Britsh Airways increases capacity to Hong Kong for the summer season – Double daily with an Airbus A350-1000.
- Qatar Airways adds new routes, resumes old ones and adds capacity – ITB was the place where seven new routes, 11 old ones and 35
- PLAY to add Glasgow to its network – four times a week
New Aircraft News
- Luxair selects Boeing 737 MAX for renewals – four MAXs on the way for Luxair
- JFK AirTrain exit fee jumps to $8.25 – Can anyone else spell “ripoff”?
- London City airport to deploy CT Baggage Scanners – No need to remove laptops and liquids at City airport soon.
- New Gin and Drinks as BA and AA open The Bridge Bar in the Greenwich Lounge at JFK – To quote the oft-used Aldi advert “I like Gin.”
- Northern Trains unveils its passengers’ worst habits… – None will surprise you, or surprise me for that matter.
I’ve got various different joys next week (those who are keeping up with my leg saga will be in for a treat – keep an eye on my Twitter feed providing Daddy Elon can keep the microblogging service up).
I’ve got my bags out at Economy Class and Beyond towers as I prepare for another trip too.
Along with all those things, I’ll have the usual mix of news, views, thoughts and other things that catch my eye over the next week or so.
Until then, Happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Follow me on Twitter at @EconomyBeyond for the latest updates, as well as Mastodon too! You can follow me on Instagram too!
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.
Leave a Reply