It’s the end of the week again.
After a marathon drive back (4 and half hours stuck on the M1 is not my idea of fun), it’s still Saturday (and the Saturday before Mother’s Day in the UK), so it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
After being stuck on the M1 in static traffic for one and a half hours, this was a Welcome Break – Newport Pagnell Services, Near Milton Keynes.
- Luton Airport opens its DART Air-Rail Link… with a cost to the passenger – What’s more expensive than Heathrow Express and the JFK AirTrain per mile? Luton Airport’s DART.
- Viasat to increase equipment installs on Delta Air Lines – Now covering wide-bodied aircraft too.
Routes and Networks
- Aer Lingus Regional to operate services to Liverpool and Brest – More options from Dublin this summer
- Emirates prepares for a major summer ramp-up – Someone has a busy summer ahead
- China Airlines to add Taipei to Prague Service – One city I can’t spell this week
- easyJet to add Manchester – Istanbul to its network – I can spell Istanbul though
- SAS to expand European and International Operations – Asia, North America, European and even local options
- Air France sets out its Summer 2023 operations, as well as where its refurbished 777-300ER is going next… – I still can’t spell Ottawa. Being dyslexic can have its annoyances.
New Aircraft News
- SAUDIA and Riyadh Air sign for up to 121 Boeing 787 aircraft – Well. That’s a lot of aircraft.
- Anker Soundcore Life P2i – Cheap enough to be trusted? – Nice enough, if a little ill-fitting. And no software for Anker to spy on you. Which is nice.
Passport Office Strike
- UK Passport Issuing Delays ahead – Passport Office Strike Action Ahead – You’d better get your skates on if you need a passport. And you might need to get an express service if you want to beat the strikes.
- SWISS Airbus A220-100 at Birmingham Airport – The Economy Class and Beyond Weekly picture
- airBaltic unveils its 40th Airbus A220-300 in a Latvian Flag Livery – And it’s very swish.
- Emirates formally unveils its new livery for its fleet – Speaking of swishes, we now have a 3D effect swish.
All things being equal (and that’s a big IF right now), I should be on the road again next week. Where to, you might ask?
Regulars will know.
Expect thoughts and comments down-route (as well as some badly composed on-the-road blogs, as I fight with JetPack), as well as the comedy I can bring to a long-haul trip.
Until then, Happy Landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Follow me on Twitter at @EconomyBeyond for the latest updates, as well as Mastodon too! You can follow me on Instagram too!
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.
Leave a Reply