It’s that time of the week again when I attempt to convert a copious amount of writing into a distilled list of links, with some witty commentary. Yes, it’s time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
The Elevated Railway, North Wabash Avenue, Chicago.
- Emirates prepares its inflight service offering for Ramadan
- Air France and KLM to move back to Heathrow Terminal 4 from the 23rd March – Ah… nothing like a terminal shuffle.
Routes and Networks
- SAUDIA plans an expansion of 25 new destinations – But check the map out. Dear, dear, dear, me.
- Lufthansa prepares its Airbus A380 deployments from Munich – She’s Baaaaacckkkkkk
- Brussels Airlines adds extra capacity for the Summer Season – Hopefully, this will lead to fewer Angry Beliguan noises.
- Emirates to deploy Airbus A380 to Bali, Indonesia – For Country and For Home? On a Two-Class A380, this is going to move a lot of people.
- PLAY to add Amsterdam to its network – Another point for PLAY to head to.
New Aircraft news
- Japan Airlines selects Boeing 737-8 for fleet renewal – 21 Boeing 737-8s on the way.
- Airbus delivers its first A321neo from its Tianjin Final Assembly Line – And now, the larger neo can be delivered from China
Kevin’s Deep and Meaningful thoughts when he’s had 3 hours of sleep
Birmingham Bus Strikes
I make no apologies for the comparatively local coverage. When a major part of the second city’s transport infrastructure goes south, its worth reporting. The good news is things should be back to normal on Monday.
- Coming to Birmingham, Coventry or Wolverhampton from Monday? Good luck finding a bus
- National Express Bus strike to end – services to slowly go back to normal
As you can guess, I’m down-route on a trip at the moment. I’ll be coming up-route shortly, and there is plenty to talk about. And I mean, plenty to discuss on this trip,
We’ll be running a little quiet until Wednesday next week too – as I’m going to be taking a little time for myself.
Until then, stay safe out there and happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Follow me on Twitter at @EconomyBeyond for the latest updates, as well as Mastodon too! You can follow me on Instagram too!
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.
Leave a Reply