Saturday has rolled around again. With that, it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
In danger. Birmingham Musem and Art Gallery (as Birmingham City Council files for Section 114 and the finance people move in…)
Routes and Networks
- Jet2 to base a 7th Aircraft at Edinburgh and expand its operations – More for Jet2.com customers
- LEVEL to launch Barcelona – Miami route – A whole new level to Miami
- British Airways and Indigo sign a codeshare agreement – With new connections as well
- Condor fly to San Antonio in Summer 2024! – Who had San Antonio on their bingo cards?
- Delta Air Lines readies its Summer 2024 European flights – It might use a few 767s on these routes.
New Aircraft News
- Air Peace signs for five Embraer E175s – strengthening the Embraer fleet Air Peace operates
- Maldivian to modernise their fleet with further ATR Aircraft – Two new ATR42-600s to join the fleet
- Edelweiss Air signs for Airbus A350-900 for long-haul fleet replacement – More LATAM aircraft find new homes
It was the APEX Expo in Long Beach this week. I had a few other fish to fry elsewhere, but two headlines of interest came out. The third from Viasat, I’m working through as there are more than a few numbers to crunch.
- Panasonic Avionics selected by Airbus for the HSCplus Connectivity platform
- Intelsat joins the Airbus Link (HBCplus) programme
- Stansted Express to go back to four-trains-an hour from December – Four trains an hour, all day from December onwards. Expensive trains for your cheap flights.
- Avanti West Coast and CrossCountry awarded contract extensions – Well, Directly Operated Railways has enough on its plate already…
I actually put money down on some flights this week – a shock, I know (especially how much airlines want for a transatlantic return), thus I have gone from basic planning to “deep planning” mode, where the Treollo board is running, and I’m ticking off stuff as much as I can – before I board the aircraft in a few weeks.
There also might be another couple of trips in the offing, given that I am nowhere near hitting BA Silver for next year.
So, whilst I plan, there will be the usual mixture of news, analysis and anything else that grabs my eye.
Until then, Happy Landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.