easyJet has a new partner – this time working with Airportr (the service that collects and delivers luggage, offering a door-to-door service)
The services will be offered for passengers flying from London Gatwick and Geneva to allow them the option to check in their luggage from home, skip bag drop on departure and breeze past baggage collection on arrival.
The airline will initially offer three services for customers at London Gatwick and Geneva airports:
- Departure: customers flying from London Gatwick or Geneva can now check in their bags from a designated pick-up point like your home office or hotel, which will be collected by an accredited driver and then collected from the baggage belt on arrival at their destination.
- Arrival: Customers arriving in Geneva from any easyJet airport can book for a delivery of their bags to their final destination, like their home or hotel.
- Door-to-door: customers flying from London Gatwick to Geneva can book a door-to-door service – a totally seamless luggage experience that means customers can check in their bags from home and see them delivered to their final destination.
easyJet will offer this as part of a bundle – this being included in its FLEXI fare. This will be available for customers flying from London Gatwick and Geneva to have the service included in their booking.
The services are available for flights to any of easyJet’s destinations across Europe from the airline’s biggest UK base London Gatwick, and from Switzerland’s largest airport, Gevena, from just £37 at www.airportr.com/en/easyjet.
Sophie Dekkers, Chief Commercial Officer at easyJet, commented:
“We are always looking at how we can innovate with the products and services we offer to ensure we are providing more of the choices our customers want, so we are excited to be introducing Airportr’s services initially from London Gatwick and Geneva, to help make travel even easier for our customers, whether they are flying for business or leisure.”
Randel Darby, CEO of Airportr, said:
“Today’s announcement that we’re launching Airportr across two of easyJet’s top tier airports marks another significant step forward for off-airport baggage management. Travelers continue to prioritize speed and convenience and are increasingly turning to off-airport processes to achieve it. As an airline, easyJet is committed to getting their customers through the airport faster, whilst delivering the best experience when travelling with baggage. We’re delighted that Airportr can support easyJet on this mission, with bag-free travel now possible to, through and from airports.
Check the range though…
Airportr is a great service for those who don’t want to lug baggage to and from the airport. However, they operate in certain areas.
- At Heathrow, around the M25
- At Gatwick, around the M25 and down to Brighton
- At Geneva, the coverage area includes much of the Arc Lémanique, including but not limited to Geneva, Lausanne, Montreux, and selected areas of the Swiss Alps (including Verbier).
- At Zurich, it covers the whole of Switzerland, except vehicle-free areas, such as Zermatt, Wengen, Saas Fee and Mürren.
- At Vienna, within Vienna City limits.
You can find coverage maps at https://support.airportr.com/hc/en-us/articles/13542655385489-Does-Airportr-serve-my-postcode-area- and by using the postcode checking tools. on their home page.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.