We’re hitting the end of January already, and with evenings lightening up, it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
It’s been a quiet week on the blog front – primarily, I’ve been busy in the real world. I’ve also been spending far too long putting text to the screen in the evenings this week, trying to knock the trip report into some semblance of a point where I can start hitting publish while writing it. Let’s say that’s a challenge unto itself.
Time for a series of Snapshots from my recent US Trip. These are starting to take as long to write as a trip report some days. We’re going in flights first, hotels second on this section.
- Ryanair 669 Birmingham Airport to Dublin Airport
- American Airlines 723 Dublin to Philadelphia International (International Business Class)
- American Airlines 2663 Philadelphia to San Francisco International (Domestic Business Class)
A big win for Viasat this week, with European Aviation Network installs to expand.
- Lufthansa Group signs for a further 150 European Aviation Network installs – covering 150 aircraft in the Lufthansa Group fleet
- SWISS to offer inflight connectivity on its Airbus A220 and Airbus A320 aircraft – covering 59 aircraft in the SWISS fleet from that 150.
Routes and Networks
- Emirates to return the Airbus A380 to Vienna – It means nothing to me.
- Air France to add Phoenix, AZ to its long haul network – Three times a week to a new US Gateway
- Emirates further boosts Australian services – Perth and Brisbane get uplifts
We’ll be continuing the snapshots at some sort of speed next week, along with the usual mixture of headlines to keep you all busy. On the other hand, I need to book a few tickets before the sales season ends.
Because this travel malarkey doesn’t stop for anyone.
Until then, Happy landings.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.