It seems that Virgin Atlantic is prepared to make some hay out of the news that British Airways is adjusting tier point years, with them launching a status match.
Along with a few bonuses.
- Executive Club Gold & Silver > Flying Club Gold
- Executive Club Bronze > Flying Club Silver
All members need to do is have a Virgin Atlantic Flying Club account, and book a Virgin Atlantic flight in Premium or Upper Class. Then fill in this form to get your status.
What does Virgin Atlantic’s Flying Club offer?
The currency of the programme is Virgin Points, which you can earn flying Virgin Atlantic and their 27 partner airlines, as well as other sources
Virgin Points never expire, and you earn Tier Points on your reward flights and Virgin Atlantic Holidays bookings.
For those looking at benefits:
- Gold members enjoy Upper Class check in and private security in London Heathrow, access to our award-winning Clubhouses and Revivals Lounge, 60% more Virgin Points on all Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Atlantic Holidays bookings, as well as SkyTeam Elite+ recognition extending your benefits across their partners to over 1,000 destinations.
- Silver members get 30% more Virgin Points on all Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Atlantic Holidays bookings, free extra checked luggage, Premium check-in, priority boarding, and a range of additional benefits, including SkyTeam Elite recognition.
Sweeting the deal
Virgin Atlantic is launching a bonus points deal for those who are taking advantage of this. The airline will launch a bonus points offer on Friday 9th February.
For any round-trip flight booked for travel until 30th June 2024, there are bonus points afoot. You can earn:
- 2,000 bonus Virgin Points on each Economy trip
- 5,000 bonus Virgin Points in Premium
- 10,000 bonus Virgn Points in Upper class.
Virgin Atlantic is also offering a bonus through their credit card. The Virgin Atlantic Reward+ Card allows points to be earned. Those taking ou a Reward+ Credit Card before Monday 4th March will receive double points on spending up to £5000 or up to 14th April 2024, whichever comes first, alongside 15,000 points on their first purchase made within 90 days of taking the card.
Anthony Woodman, Vice President of Flying Club & CRM comments:
“We know how much Flying Club means to our members, and so we’ve worked hard to make sure that even more customers can feel the love. With our enhanced Executive Club status match, combined with our bonus points offer and Reward+ credit card promotion, there’s never been a better time to join Flying Club and experience the very best of Virgin Atlantic. But don’t wait – these offers won’t last forever, so make sure you’ve made the perfect match by Valentine’s Day!”
If you’re going to move, you might want to get your skates on.
The timing of this is interesting – given British Airways trying to clarify the renewal years and how it will work. It seems that Virgin Atlantic is in the mood to scoop up some of its passengers who might feel a little… less than happy.
If you’re a British Airways Gold and fly routes that overlap Virgin Atlantics, this should be something that you should consider, given you’ll have access to Sky Priority as well as the lounge networks, which might make a difference.
For those who are British Airways Silver, it’s a little more nuanced, as there’s no lounge access (something mere Silver BA Passengers like myself rely on).
Nonetheless, if you’ve got the need to book a flight and fancy a status match to go with it… the time to move is now, as this runs out on the 14th of February.
For some, it might be the start of something special.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond. Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, in-depth coverage, unique research, as well as the humour and madness I only know how to deliver.
Also, remember that we are part of the BoardingArea community, bringing you the latest frequent flyer news from around the world.