Hyatt hotels – lovely as they are – are very overpriced except when on conference rates or when you’ve got them via alternative means.
However, Hyatt are trying to ween us in with a Status Match (which has been going on since July) where you can do the following:
- Enroll online – get upgraded to Platinum for 120 days (4 months)
- 5 stays/nights to keep Platinum until Feb 2011
- or 15 stays/night to go to Diamond until Feb 2011
Now this is all well and good – but if you’re a Gold member at the moment, you might think you’re being hard done by – yes?
Well no actually. You DO need to phone up customer service (and for those outside the USA – it is alas a Toll Free number – Skype is your friend for this as they don’t charge for 800 numbers) and you can ask customer service to match you to either Platinum of Diamond with the same T&C;’s as newbies.
If you’re in and out of Hyatts, or you’re in conference land, this could be a useful boon – least of all the 15% point bonus….
- Offer – http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/offers/trial-platinum-offer.jsp
- T&C;’s – http://www.goldpassport.com/gp/en/offers/pop-trial-platinum-offer-tc.jsp;jsessionid=I10AOFRXFIIXKCTEAGECFFQKMQAYSIV0?wt=pop_up
Offer ends of August – So activate it when you need it.