… Frontier Airlines!
Indeed – the airline with the animals on the tail (Frontier Airlines) will be the name of the combined Republic and Midwest Airlines, merging the Airbus fleets of Frontier and ERJ-190 fleets of Midwest together.
So what does this mean (lets get down to the nitty gritty)
- All booking valid.
- Systems have to merge eventually.
- More routes pairs to be introduced.
- Frequent flyers miles – Both Programmes are combining into one. Stay tuned.
- Fleet and Work integration – lots of work ahead, expect fun with the unions. 12 to 18 months of fun.
- Paintwork- Well since it’s Frontier, there are going to be a lot more animals on planes – inducing the first ERJ painted with a Badger (the state animal of Wisconsin) – as yet unnamed. The people of Wisconsin will decide the animal’s name…
- Midwest Cookies – Believe it or not, they’ll be going fleetwide/servicewide.
More information at http://www.frontiermidwest.com/weare1/home/, but it’s good to see Republic make a real go at it’s “proper” airline, and hopefully make it work for the staff and the passengers