A few months ago I posed a question to you all in the form of a poll:
So how is Kevin going to get to New York?
- He's swimming or rowing there. (29%, 28 Votes)
- Flying the BabyBus across the pond with BA - LCY-JFK (28%, 27 Votes)
- Flying the other Flag with Virgin Atlantic - LHR to JFK or EWR (11%, 11 Votes)
- Flying the flag with British Airways - LHR to JFK or EWR (9%, 9 Votes)
- Budget is everything with Kuwait Airways - LHR-JFK (9%, 9 Votes)
- Flying the United skies with United Airlines - LHR to EWR (5%, 5 Votes)
- Crossing to the dAArk side with American - LHR to JFK (4%, 4 Votes)
- Smoking is not allowed on Delta - LHR-JFK (4%, 4 Votes)
Total Voters: 97
Well lets discount a few of these…
- There isn’t a hope in hell I’m swimming or rowing in that direction!
- Me. On Virgin. After all the lovely things I write about this airline? I somehow think not…
- I may like Deltalina, but I’m skipping Delta as I’ve got no Elite Status (does matter…)
- American Airlines was in contention until I saw the other offers…
- Umm. Pay to fly in United Business Class. I’m trying to work this concept out as I haven’t met that many people who pay real money to sit in United Business Class(due to the amount of upgraders or staff normally). Besides it’s the old CO product – and I prefer the UA Business class that’s installed on the 767-300ER’s….
- Kuwait Airways would had been very interesting. Who knows, if the Flight Centre runs some super-cheap fares and I need to get to NY… anything can happen!
So as most of you have guessed… It is British Airways due to a lovely fare sale earlier this year. Which way I’m going… well, lets knock out Newark to to make all our lives easier.
Which leaves two routes left:
- LHR-JFK – BA Mainline
- LCY-SNN-JFK – BA London City
Which one is it? I’m keeping that as a last little secret. All will be revealed on the GhettoIFE Twitter Feed tomorrow sometime… (as well as probably a late post when I arrive…)