LOT Polish Airines will become the first European airline to launch the Boeing 787 Dreamliner into service.
According to Airlineroute.net, LOT is planning to operate the following:
- Warsaw – Chicago Commences 16th January 2013, Up to 10 times weekly by 20th May 2013
- Warsaw – Toronto Commences 1st February 2013, operating 8 times weekly by 6th June 2013
- Warsaw – New York JFK Commences 3rd February 2013, operating up to 10 ties weekly by 3rd June 2013
- Warsaw – Beijing Commences 3rd March 2013, with increasing from 31st March 2013
787 operation will be restricted by deliveries by Boeing and how fast they can be delivered, commissioned and made ready for service. There wil be some limited EU operation of the 787 – details of which LOT will release closer to the time.
LOT will operate these planes in a three-class configuration. Hard data regarding the product remain vague, but the seatmaps have been released
- Total Passenger seats: 252
- Business Class – 18 Seats in 2-2-2 configuration
- Premium Economy – 21 seats in 2-3-2 configuration
- Economy Class- 213 in 3-3-3 configuration
Well, unsurprisingly 787 operators are going for capacity over comfort now with nearly all operators (bar two) installed 3-3-3 seating in economy on long haul services. Still it’s good to see these planes being delivered at last.