It seems British Airways are running one heck of an offer for those who can take advantage of it, where you can upgrade one of your Club World segments to First.
This offer has been run before, but this time, BA are allowing semi-flexible fares to be upgraded as well.
- If you’re booking fares in the C, D or R fare buckets, you have to 2nd October to book, with all travel complete by 20 November 2012
- If you’re booking fares in the J bucket (full fare), you have to 13th November to book, with all travel complete by 20 November 2012 for this offer.
To take advantage of the offer, you must be departing from the UK
Now there are some heavy T&C’s that go with this that I strongly advise you read.
The big highlights are (emphasis mine):
- A Qualifying Flight:
a) is a published fully or semi flexible return fare in Club World on a BA mainline service or a selected BA marketed codeshare service (see paragraph 12), departing from the UK;
b) must comprise of one sector that is booked in A class and another sector that is booked in either C, D, J (or R class on selected routes) on the fare basis codes J2UKUP1, J2UKUP2, C2UKUP3, C2UKUP4, D2UKUP5, D2UKUP6, J2LCUP1, J2LCUP2, C2LCUP3, C2LCUP4, D2LCUP5, D2LCUP6, J1UP1, J1UP2, C2UP1, C2UP2, D2UP1 or D2UP2, R2UKUP7, R2UKUP8, R2LCUP7, R2LCUP8, R2UP1 or R2UP2; c) if booked in R class, must not be on an excluded route;
- The following R class routes are not included in this offer: London Heathrow (LHR) to Las Vegas (LAS), Miami (MIA), Phoenix (PHX), Denver (DEN), Nassau (NAS), Grand Cayman (GCM) and Providenciales (PLS), Moscow (MOW),Bangkok (BKK), Singapore (SIN) and Sydney (SYD) and London Gatwick (LGW) to Barbados (BGI), Grenada (GND), St. Lucia (SLU), Port of Spain (POS), Antigua (ANU), St.Kitts (SKB), Tobago (TAB), Punta Cana (PUJ), Kingston (KIN), Montego Bay (MBJ), Orlando (ORL), Tampa (TPA), Cancun (CUN), Male (MLE) and Mauritius (MRU) and San Juan (SJU).
- The following C & D class routes are not included in this offer: London Heathrow (LHR) to Singapore (SIN) and Sydney (SYD).
- Flights on BA’s franchisees, code share partners or oneworld alliance members are excluded with the exception of:a) American Airlines operated flights to the US & Mexico
b) Qantas and British Airways operated flights to Singapore (SIN) and Sydney (SYD), if booked in J class only
This is an offer where you need to read the T&C’s before hitting the book button. In addition, you’ll need to check there is “A” bucket availability on the segment you wish to upgrade.
Still, if you can take advantage of it, a free upgrade to F should never be sniffed at…