Hong Kong 3: For the LOVE of Avios! With Swiss and British Airways
LX1952 – Zürich – Barcelona El Prat
- Memo to Self: Stop looking at Booking Engines Late at Night
- Leaving Birmingham, Servisair Lounge, To Zürich with Swiss and OLT Express on LX425
- Zürich Night Stop – “Zürich Dayrooms”, Senator Lounge
- LX1952 Barcelona to Zurich THIS SECTION
- A Free Tour of Barcelona
- Back to El Prat, Lounge, BA0475 Barcelona – London
- British Airways T5 First Class Lounge
- BA027 London Heathrow – Hong Kong
- Holiday Inn Express Soho, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong Island
- One Time Exception: Macau with TurboJet
- GhettoIFE Special: Images of a Fragrant Harbour
- Lounging Around Hong Kong Airport
- BA026 Hong Kong to London Heathrow
- British Airways T5 First Class Lounge, BA484 London Heathrow – Barcelona El Prat
- Barcelona Switch, Lounge, LX1955 Barcelona – Zürich Airport
- Run like the wind, LX424 Zürich – Birmingham Airport, Homeward bound
- Avios? Oh Yes, Oh Yes, OH YEAH
Now where were we… ah yes, getting on a Swiss A320 to Barcelona….
Leg 2: LX1952 Zurich International Airport – Barcelona El Prat Airport
Swiss International Air Lines
Airbus A320, Seat 7A.
125 Miles Earned + 32 Executive Miles
Boarding the plane, I was greeted by an older Swiss crew – but a smiling one. Not a bad thing first thing in the morning
The plane begun to fill up with a reasonable load to BCN. Thankfully the middle seat was free for this segment creating a fair bit of space
Oh yes, speaking of seats:
Yes, still more room than AA. The seats themselves were slimline style, but offered enough support for a long haul pop.
Thankfully the seat next to me remained empty, which created a nice environment to be in for the next hour and twenty minutes or so.
Soon enough push back begun and the Swiss safety video played. After clearing the apron, it was down to a runway where there was a queue to leave the airport, with the captain informing us about the queue length.
Once the warning bong played, our plane lined up for departure – with a quick departure out of Zurich.
The climb was a reasonable one, sailing through the dark cloud of a Zurich morning into the morning sky of the world.
Meanwhile, the IFE started with Swiss showing off its product, changes and Joking Around
Being near the front of economy has its benefits – and this means you’re one of the first to be served.
Today’s breakfast was a fresh croissant with coffee and a water – I still needed hydration.
Now, compared to some I’ve had in the air, this was a nice size, and (with a lactacid in hand) quite edible. Not a bad effort at all. Oh, at it goes without saying it was fresh – it makes a difference!
Cruise continued on its merry way, rolling down the miles.
Chocolates were offered (and of course taken – this is Swiss after all!)
Clear down of the plane and Duty Free was completed with ease (with very few takers for duty free), whilst the flight continued on its way, crossing the Mediterranean.
Soon enough, the crew were coming through the plane to ensure it was secure for landing, and the plane begun its descent to Barcelona El Prat
After landing there wasn’t exactly a short taxi – more like a long taxi to the back end of the C gates (C75). Thankfully the docking to the pier was quick, and I was on my way after thanking the crew
Overall: Not bad. Not bad at all. Delivered with the usual Swiss efficiency, it was a good service for a short flight. Again, with the right mix of catering, product and soft service you can get a lot of value for not a lot of cash.
Next: Barcelona! Barcelona! Oooohhh… A Free Tour of Barcelona