Chicago XV – Tiers and Dreams
Back to O’Hare, AA AAdmrials Club
- Tiers? And Dreams? Huh?
- Off to Heathrow, American Airlines FlAAgship Lounge
- American Airlines AA99 London – Chicago
- Crowne Plaza O’Hare
- Back to O’Hare, AA AAdmrials Club – THIS SECTION
- American Airlines AA1380 Chicago to St Louis, St Louis AAdmirals Club, AA1685 St Louis to Dallas Fort Worth
- DFW and AAn CEO encounter…
- American Airlines AA1180 – Dallas Fort Worth to San Juan
- The Intercontinental San Juan and #Rucksackgate
- San Juan International Airport
- American Airlines AA1591 San Juan to Dallas Forth Worth
- More messing around DFW
- American Airlines AA1618 Dallas Fort Worth to St Louis International, A quick STL Stop, American Airlines AA1186 St Louis to Chicago
- The Hyatt Regency O’Hare with a Rucksack gate update
- One Time Exception: A Chicago Photographic Interlude
- O’Hare Take 3, AA AAdmirals Club
- AA3360 Chicago O’Hare to Toronto Pearson
- Toronto Airport Omnishambles – The Long Wait, BA Toronto Lounge
- BA96 Toronto to London Heathrow featuring the British Airways Boeing 787 Dreamliner
- Homeward bound
- The long and winding road
ORD take 2
A short ride in the dead of a Rosemont/Chicago Morning, and the bus trundled over to the main T1-2-3 complex at O’Hare, with a singular drop off at T1, and one at T3 for me (and the rest of the bus seemingly going to T5 for Frontier)
After exiting the shuttle bus, I headed to premium check in, where I was welcomed and my bags taken off me, and boarding passes issued all the way to San Juan.
With that, it was time to deal with the friendly neighbourhood TSA. My luggage was scanned and I had my pat for freedom.
With those formalities out of the way (and rather quickly), I headed off to towards the gate and lounge.
Yup. Still dark.
I turned for the HK connector, and grabbed a reasonable picture…
Terminal 3 K-H Inter-connector at Chicago O’Hare International – (c) Kevin Marshall 2013 – as featured on Photoblog.com – http://www.photoblog.com/kevincm/2013/10/15/ – See http://economyclassandbeyond.boardingarea.com/2013/11/03/ghettoife-makes-photoblog-coms-front-page/ for why I’m still amazed this made Photoblog.com’s front page.
With a bit of time before the flight, I headed up to the Admirals Club
American Airlines T3-HK Admiral’s Club
I was welcomed to the lounge and issued with a beverage voucher. Upstairs I went to a quiet lounge
Bar (well populated for 6am in the morning…)
Well, it’s a quiet spot with free Wifi. And strong espresso from the machine. These are all good things.
The lounge itself was much quieter as the morning crowd seemed to prefer heading to their planes rather than lounge around… which suited me as I wasn’t still with it in any sense of the term.
Of course – I had a voucher. Now I could have had a vodka and cola… but it was too early for me. So instead I cashed in my voucher…
…for a premium bottle of water.
(Your premium bottle of water experience may differ)
With that done, I made tracks back to the gate as boarding was due to commence shortly. And unlike my BA A380 trip, I had no intention of missing my flight!
Reaching Gate K8, the short shuttle flight to St Louis was stacking up, and full of people wanting to board early.
Thankfully the call was made, and I was beeped aboard… and onto my first MD-80…
Next: Two MD-80 legs and St Louis.