For those who travel, one of things that end up being packed is your mobile phone (or more often than not), your smartphone. And with using such devices around the world, comes the unwelcome spectre of roaming charges (or for those who use their phones a bit more than expected – the dreaded bill shock).
Three UK have been trying to reduce this, with their “Feel Like Home” package – which is available customers to allow them to use their allowance of data, text and voice minutes in various countries to the UK at home rates.
Three’s upated offer – http://www.three.co.uk/Discover/Phones/Feel_At_Home
Five new countries will be added to the “Feel Like Home” package, including:
This adds to the existing coverage through their “Feel like Home” package, which also cover:
- Hong Kong
- Republic of Ireland
- Sri Lanka
- United States of America.
Whilst not as big as the last expansion (which added roaming to the United States of America), it is welcome to see more countries added to the list.
There are some limitations however, namely:
- All you can eat data is limited to 25GB at a Feel At Home destination.
- All you can text is limited up to 5,000 texts
- If you have more than 3,000 minutes in your call allowance, you can use up to 3,000 of them
- UK numbers starting with 070, 09 and 118 directory services are excluded.
- No tethering allowed with a phone
Countries outside the Feel like home programme are subject to Three’s usual roaming fees .
Considering the costs that some mobile phone carriers charge to use devices aboard, this is welcome – and for those who travel abroad regularly to the countries that are in the “Feel Like Home” coverage areas, this could be a good money saver.