As one operator adds more Boeing 787-9 operated routes, another operator begins its preperation to add the type into its fleet.
KLM – Royal Dutch Airlines – have outlined their operation plans for the 787-9, with operations due to commence at the beginning of the Winter timetable on the 25th October 2015.
Part of the KLM Boeing 787-9 Seatmap – Image, KLM via KLM.com
The launch route will be on the 25th October, operating Amsterdam to Abu Dhabi and onto Bahrain. Following that route, more East seems to be the favoured destinations, with the following routes to be operated with a Boeing 787-9.
- Amsterdam to Abu Dhabi to Bahrain will launch the 787 operations on the 25th October 2015, operating 5 days a week until 1st December, daily from 2nd December 2015
- Amsterdam to Cairo will operate from 30th November twice a week, before going 4 weekly from 1st March 2016.
- Amsterdam to Quito to Guayaquil, returning to Amsterdam triangular route will operate two times a week from the 2nd December 2015, and daily from 27th March 2016
- Amsterdam to Xiamen will operate twice a week from 3rd December 2015, and three times weekly from 27th March 2016
- Amsterdam to Fukuoka will be a new route, operating three times a week from 28th February 2016
- Amsterdam to Rio de Janeiro will also join the KLM family, with a 787-9 operating twice out of six flights a week from 1st March 2016
- Amsterdam to Chengdu will operate four times weekly from 27th March 2016
KLM will be operating their Boeing 787-9s in a three class configuration:
- 30 World Business Class Seats in a 1-2-1 formation
- 48 Economy Comfort seats in 3-3-3 formation
- 216 Economy Class seats in 3-3-3 formation
With 25 Boeing 787-9s on order, there are plenty of routes to come for KLM and for those of you who love the Boeing 787.
However, before you start clicking book on these routes, remember that planned routes can and will change – so if you’re booking a ticket for a particular plane… ensure it’s refundable in case the airline changes its mind…
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.