Growing Old in Style – British Airways BA936 Club Europe (London to Düsseldorf)
- 40.. wait? You’re 40???
- Off to Heathrow with National Express
- Heathrow Airport Terminal 5 and British Airways Galleries First
- BA936 London Heathrow to Düsseldorf in Club Europe
- Düsseldorf airport and the most boring lounge… in the world (Lufthansa Business Lounge)
- CX376 Düsseldorf Airport to Hong Kong International Airport in Business Class
- Hong Kong International Airport and CX The Arrival
- To Hong Kong aboard the Airport Express
- Over to Kowloon on the Star Ferry
- Exploring Kowloon
- Holiday Inn Express, Sheung Wan
- The Peak during the Evening and Night
- Riding the Ding Dings and Causeway Bay Presents “The Force Awakens”
- Mong Konk Ladies Market – or the “Hard art of haggling”
- A Symphony of Lights (Pictorial)
- Temple Street Market or “Haggle more”
- Back to Hong Kong International Airport
- The Pier First Class Lounge
- CX253 Hong Kong International Airport to London Heathrow
- The Great Rush Home
- 40 up
After being let off the bus, it was time to climb the stairs up to the waiting Airbus A319.
BA936 London Heathrow to Düsseldorf
Seat 1F, Club Europe, Airbus A319-100
313 miles flown, 0 Avios Earned, 0 Tier Points Earned
I was welcomed aboard, and headed to my home for this short 55 minute hop – Seat 1F.
With the bags in the overhead (and not holding up the boarding queue), I took to my seat… which for once was a classic British Airways converter seat
Personally, I love this style of seating. For starters, you don’t feel like your backside is sitting on a thin leather-covered bench. Some prefer the new style seats… not me.
The first seven rows of the A319 were configured as Club Europe, with the rest of the plane as EuroTraveller.
Boarding was quick as the second bus load of passengers filtered through and took their seats.
Hot towels were handed out before departure – as well as being collected.
With everyone aboard, the plane was sealed up quickly for an on time pushback.
Of course, on time pushback doesn’t mean on-time take-off, with a long taxi back to the threshold of 27R. And this in itself isn’t a bad thing.
Eventually, our plane turned for the threshold as it lined up for take off.
With our turn, the engines spooled up and our A319 took to the sky.
This being an early morning flight, there was something I would hope I would see – fire in the sky.
And I wasn’t disappointed.
With 55 minutes in the air – the crew had to work fast to deliver a service. Being in the front row I got one of the first choices .
Up on offer was a Continental breakfast, Cold Meats or a full English.
So it shouldn’t be too hard to guess what I went for.
Drinks were offered – I went for some soft drinks to keep me going.
The crew worked at a fair rate as they kept an eye on the clock. By the time I had confused breakfast and rested my head on the bulkhead, we were over North Germany.
55 minutes is a darn quick flight.
Trays were collected along with offers for extra drinks – I took a bottle of water to keep properly hydrated on the ground.
Soon the Rhine came into view as our plane begun its decent.
With the plane descending, the crew tidied up the plane in readiness for arrival. That done, the A319 vectored towards Düsseldorf Airport.
Lining up for landing.
With a smooth landing, the A319 peeled off the runway, and headed straight to its waiting stand.
With a short taxi, our plane was at a jetbridge after a few minutes – bringing this short flight to an end.
With that, it was off to explore Düsseldorf Airport for the short time I was there.
Overall: Not a bad service in Club Europe by British Airways here. The crew was friendly, and delivered the service in a quick timely manner all within 55 minutes.
Would I pay cash for this service? Not in Club Europe – it’s too short a flight at 55 minutes in the air. Economy Class would work just as well. On Avios… well… if the availability there, it’s 9000 Avios in Club Europe. There are plenty worse redemptions out there.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.