Two for the Price of One: The Hamburg Dom
In this epic…
- Two for the price of one? Or when two become one?
- Off to Manchester Airport on the edge of my seat…
- BA Domestic – BA1387 Manchester Airport to London Heathrow
- Heathrow Transit, American Airlines Flagship Lounge
- American Airlines – AA87 London Heathrow to Chicago, Main Cabin
- Streamlined Immigration?
- The Crowne Plaza O’Hare
- Evening adventures with the Sony A5000
- The Hyatt Regency O’Hare
- Off to O’Hare, American Airlines Admirals Club
- American Airlines – AA1205 Chicago O’Hare to Boston Logan
- A Boston Omnishambles
- British Airways – BA202 Boston Logan to London Heathrow Terminal 5 in World Traveller Plus
- Transit and changes… from holiday to work, British Airways Galleries North Lounge
- British Airways – BA974 London Heathrow to Hamburg
- IBIS Budget St Pauli, Hamburg
- Trade Show 101 (or… don’t sleep on your glasses).
- Pounding the Halls of AIX – What you might had missed…
- A Walk around the Hamburg Dom
- Rushing back to Hamburg Airport
- British Airways – BA967 Hamburg to London Heathrow
- Homeward bound
- Mixing business with pleasure
Lets be honest. Pounding around the Messenhallen can be rather… monotonous after a while. You’re in a bubble, away from the world… sometimes only to exit, catch the train back to hotel and collapse.
Sometimes it’s good to have a break – even if you’re out getting food.
The Hamburg Dom fair is a classic fun fair, run three times a year, in spring held at the Heiligengeistfeld fair ground near St Pauli U-Bahn/Reeperbahn area.
Let’s get onto the pretty pictures:
Sweets – Check.
Lebkuchenherzen for sale…
Lebkuchenherzen and Candy floss.
More Lebkuchenherzen and sweets.
The Polizei out on duty.
Crowds and Police in harmony.
Nah. Too mad for me.
What would be a fair without beer?
Dancing on the dancer?
Wanted! Shoot to win!
Dare ye go inside the ghost house?
What would Germany be without grilled products?
You didn’t need to ride this to get wet…
Bread related products… check.
Knock over something – win a prize!
Rollercoaster fun and games…. Nah.
Looking towards the wheel.!
Beer is always a good call!
A more classic fairground ride.
Another Ghost house? Check.
Not the Vegas I know of…
Because XXL Pommes and Bratwurst are never a bad thing.
Or would you need a Monster Slush?
Or to work it all off – a trip to the fun house?
Looking up at the wheel.
The fair is held three times a year (Spring, Summer and Winter).
You can find out more about the festivities at http://english.hamburg.de/visitors/290760/hamburg-hamburgs-dom-english/
For me – it was a chance to get away from aviation matters… and take a step back into the real world. And that during an intense event like Aircraft Interiors Expo is no bad thing.
Next: Back to Hamburg Airport.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.