Mr Kevincm returns to Washington – Short and Sweet
In this… well.. mess:
- How far can you go for a £1 (+Tax)?
- Off to Manchester Airport, Manchester Airport and the BA Terraces Lounge
- AA735 Manchester Airport to Philadelphia
- A long Philadelphia layover featuring the US Customs and the TSA at their best.
- AA4545 Philadelphia to Washington Reagan
- Holiday Inn Washington Reagan
- The Marriott Marquis, Washington DC
- The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum – National Mall
- The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museum – The Udvar Hazey Building
- Back to Dulles, British Airways Dulles Lounge
- BA216 Washington Dulles to Heathrow with the Airbus A380
- Heathrow Transfer, North Lounge
- BA1530 London Heathrow to Manchester
- The joy of coaches, and CrossCountry trains from Manchester to Birmingham
- Short and Sweet
Short and Sweet.
Sometimes the shortest trips can be the ones that give the greatest pleasure – be it for work or play. And when you’re time limited… the shorter the better.
It doesn’t help when there are epic omnishambles along the trip though.
Let’s do some quick reviews and wrap this trip report up.
Long haul was pretty darn good – I’ll be honest. It felt light I was aboard a US Airways service when they cared rather than an American Airlines service.
Short haul… pretty meh. Not even doing a water run is pretty bad. Worth it for the views.
As for the delay – nothing could be done about that. But it killed parts of this trip in ways that I’m not happy about.
The US CBP and TSA at Philadelphia Airport
Let’s not go there. Seriously. Let’s not.
The Holiday Inn Washington Reagan
A decent enough property if you’re looking for a crashpad to unwind in.
The Marriott Marquis
A very nice property that’s well looked after and has high service standards.
The Smithsonian National Air and Space Museums – National Mall and Udvar Hazy Centres
Both museums are interesting places – and great to spend a few hours exploring the past in. Then National Mall is easy to get to from Washington National. If you’re at Dulles, it’s cheap and quick enough to go there for a short stopover to the Udvar Hazy centre.
If you’re in the DC Area, make some time to visit these.
Washington Dulles Airport
Why can’t the rest of the airport be like the B concourse?
British Airways A380 Washington Dulles to Heathrow
A great plane. Shame the cutbacks in service have hit.
British Airways Galleries North.
I’m going to leave this picture here. Make your own judgements.
British Airways Domestic
Not bad at all. Although I do worry what the Buy on board is going to do, as this removed something the LCC’s long removed.
When National Express is in a mess, the train can get you there.
And that’s it for Mr Kevincm Returns to Washington. I hope you’ve enjoyed these travels.
In progress: Now I’ve finished writing this trip up, let’s go back to Tallinn as I continue my recent adventure aboard Finnair.
Coming next: You’ll find out soon enough 😉
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.