Last month, we waved off Swiss International Airlines Avro RJ. This time, we’re going to take a look at Brussels Airlines and their ever decreasing Avro RJ services
Brussels Airlines have appeared to have published final operation for the type as it removes them from service
According to RoutesOnline, these are the last planned operations between now and 28th October – when the type will be withdrawn.
Of course – it goes without saying that routes can be chopped and changed.
- Brussels – Milan Malpensa 18th September 2017
- Brussels – Figari 20th September 2017
- Brussels – Berlin Tegel 21st September 2017
- Brussels – Manchester 23rd September 2017
- Brussels – Calvi 23rd September 2017
- Brussels – Hanover 25th September 2017
- Brussels – Stockholm Bromma 27th September 2017
- Brussels – Milan Linate 28th September 2017
- Brussels – Bologna 22nd October 2017
- Brussels – Strasbourg 25th October 2017
- Brussels – Copenhagen 27th October 2017
- Brussels – Warsaw 27th October 2017
- Brussels – Basel/Mulhouse 27th October 2017
- Brussels – Geneva 28th October 2017
Data – Routes Onlines
The last flight is planed to be SN2713/2720 between Burssels and Genva on the 28th October 2017
Looking at the operational fleet, two aircraft remain operating for the airline – out of a peak of 34 aircraft. OO-DWD and OO-DWE remain active according to Airfleets.
So what has taken their place?
Brussels Airlines have chosen to up-scale where they can by using Airbus A319 and A320 aircraft, whilst also wetleasing extra capacity from CityJet who provide three Sukhoi Superjets (painted in Brussels Airlines colours) and two BMI Regional Embraer E-145s
Once the Avro RJ’s leave Brussels Airlines, CityJet and Braathens Regional Airlines will remain the only civil operators of the typing in Europe operating the Avro RJ/BAe 146 in any major numbers.
Until the 28th October, there’ll be a chance to see the red dots of Brussels Airlines flying on the tail of an increasingly rare breed in Europe – the Avro RJ…
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.