EasyJet are on a major expansion push, with an announcement of 24 new routes operating from bases across the United Kingdom.
Let’s break it down by airport:
- Krakow (Poland) commences 29th October 2018
- Gibraltar (British Overseas Territory) commences 4th December 2018
- Rovaniemi (Finland) commences 31st October 2018 (Just in time for the Christmas season)
- Warsaw (Poland) commences 31st October 2018
- Aarhus (Denmark) commences 2nd November 2018
- Aqaba (Jordan) commences 10th November 2018
- Budapest (Hungary) commences 2nd November 2018
- Sofia (Bulgaria) commences 16th December 2018
- Lyon (France) commences 16th December 2018
- Tel Aviv (Israel) commences 3rd November 2018
- Hurghada (Egypt) commences 2nd November 2018
- Larnaca (Cyprus) commences 28th October 2018
- Sofia (Bulgaria) commences 8th December 2018
- Ostersund (Sweden) 9th December 2018
- Prague (Czech Republic) 29th October 2018
- Fuerteventura (Canary Islands, Spain) 31st October 2018
- Salzburg (Austria) 13th December 2018
- Toulouse (France) commences 28th October 2018
- Lisbon (Portugal) commences 28th October 2018
- Bordeaux (France) commences 2nd November 2018
- Faro (Portugal) commences 2nd November 2018
- Budapest (Hungary) commences 5th November 2018
- Lanzarote (Canary Islands, Spain) commences 7th November 2018
- Barcelona (Spain) commences 1st December 2018
- Venice commences 30th October 2018
There’s a lot to take in there with these new launches. Some of the highlights in my view are the longer routes the airline is going to try:
- Rovaniemi is perfect in the run-up to the Christmas Holidays season.
- Tel Aviv is showing a desire to try to utilise the open skies agreement there
- Hurghada is a holiday traffic special.
- And there are more than a few parting shots at other carriers here, especially the Gatwick to Warsaw link that takes them against Wizz Air.
Tickets have gone on sale at EasyJet.com for those wishing to take advantage of new route launches, as well as timetables for these operations.
With the fight for routes and destinations, all airlines are looking for new markets to tap into, to continue their growth.
Only time will tell if these are the right routes or not….
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.