It’s that time year where British Airways throws out an Avios offer to all its members – and this year we have a Double Avios on flights offer.
But there are some gotacha’s with this offer.
The promotion on the face of it is rather simple:
- Register, book and fly until 31st December 2018
- The offer applies to UK Domestic, European, International flights and ComAir operated flights in South Africa
- The offer also applies to American Airlines, Iberia and Finnair flights when travelling between Europe and North America (flights operated under the Joint Business Agreement, with a British Airways code on the boarding pass).
- You get double base Avios on tickets only – not on any class of service or tier bonuses
So on this is rather good… but there are some gotchas, or things you need to be aware of:
- This offer applies to new bookings only. So if you took advantage of the recent sale, or booked tickets before the 27th September no double Avios for you.
- Not valid on codeshares outside the JBA flights
- This offer will offer double Avios on the 10 Segments. Not returns flights, but individual one way legs.
This offer is one where you need to consider what flights to take, and optimise the offer on long haul segments, rather than UK Domestic/Euro-returns – but could yield some interesting and profitable Avios from it
Registration is open at https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/executive-club/offers/bonus-avios, with the offer running from 27th September 2018 to 31st December 2019. Full Terms and Conditions are also there too.
Even if you have a few BA flights to book before the end of the year – this could be one to register and keep in the back pocket. You might get a decent surprise after you fly….
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.