An Early Morning Change at Heathrow – Summer Tier Points
In this… epic.
- When will I learn to jump on a fare?
- Wednesday Afternoon.. off to the airport
- EI273 Birmingham to Dublin Airport
- Into Dublin for some Donuts. And Pokemon
- The Travelodge in Swords, Dublin Airport
- Pre-Clearance fun at Dublin airport, 51st and Green Lounge
- AA291 Dublin to New York JFK – Business Class
- A Manhattan Char Siu Adventure
- Back in the Secure Area, Flagship Lounge and AAdmirals Club
- AA2652 New York JFK to San Francisco International – Transcontinental Business Class
- The Hyatt Regency San Francisco Airport
- Do the BART into San Francisco, The Intercontinental Mark Hopkins, San Francisco
- Sausalito: Which ferry to take?
- Halfway across the Golden Gate Bridge
- Fooding around San Francisco
- The Crowne Plaza, San Francisco Airport
- Early start at San Francisco airport
- AA164 San Francisco International to New York JFK – Transcontinental Business Class
- The joy of terminal swaps, BA Pre-departure dining
- BA174 New York JFK to London Heathrow – Club World (Business Class)
- An Early Morning Change at Heathrow
- BA828 London Heathrow T5 to Dublin Airport – Club Europe
- Doughnuts and coffee shops – Exploring Dublin
- Once more with feeling at Dublin Airport
- FR666 Dublin Airport to Birmingham Airport
- 600 TP: Done
Arriving at Heathrow T5… and not overly that rested, I headed towards flight connections. So it was down the elevators, into the train thing and over to T5A to be processed.
And you don’t know how hard it was to go there instead of lining up for entry into the UK.
As I was connecting to a UK & Ireland service, I would clear immigration via a separate lane to the transit passengers. At least it was quiet, and I was cleared into the common travel area quickly.
However, what was not quick was the Fast-Track security. Thankfully, security weren’t that interested in me – and I popped out near Galleries north.
With me foolishly thinking this would be a domestic end departure, I headed to Galleries North.
Oh A10 (Nemesis Gate). How I hate thee.
British Airways Galleries North
I was welcomed to the lounge and got buzzed in. With the formalities done, I begun the usual hunt for a seat
Well, it’s always a challenge in Galleries North.
With one located, I settled down on the beverage options, and stuck to water. Yes. Water. Namely so I could wake up gently
Or something like that.
As I was pretty full from the flight earlier, I passed on the food items – which have been rotated for the first time in …. I’m honestly not sure. Gone are the old Bacon and Cheese Omelette rolls, with them replaced with a new selection
Well it looks a lot better than previous iterations the BA lounge breakfast. Maybe I’ll try it on another trip.
With the BA app beeping at me, I checked what gate we were going from – A17. Or the other side of the terminal to where I was.
Reluctantly, I got up from my resting position, and checked out of the lounge, and begun the long hike across T5A, eventually ending up at A17.
Boarding was delayed slightly due to an issue with the plane. I hung around the gate area like a good person, before lining back up as the ground staff attempted to board.
Now bear in mind, I was more than travel-worn, and probably looking a bit dishevelled to say the least.
A lovely lady tried to push through me saying “I’m I boarding group 2. You’re behind me.”
I flashed my boarding pass that said Group 1. She reluctantly took her place behind me. Just because a traveller looks dishevelled, don’t assume they’re before or after you in the boarding process…
After a 20 minute delay, passengers were cleared to board. I took my leave of Heathrow T5, and I slipped through the queue to the board the waiting Airbus A319 to Dublin
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.