For those in the USA, Thanksgiving is around the corner. And Emirates is aiming to give passengers a taste of home, by loading Thanksgiving meals between 22nd and 25th November
The meals will be be offered on flights between Dubai and US destinations.
So what’s being offered? Depends in your travel class.
- First and Business Class are in for a treat, with
- Appetisers: Smoked duck salad, a creamy cauliflower soup, a pumpkin soup or a smoked ocean trout
- Mains: Thanksgiving Roasted Turkey served with chestnut stuffing, cranberry jus lié, mashed potatoes or pumpkin mash.
- Dessert, Pumpkin tart with whipped cream,
- A380 routes will also offer pumpkin cupcakes aboard the on-board lounge
- In Economy Class, the airline is promising roasted turkey served with cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes and roasted pumpkin in maple syrup
As well as celebrating Thanksgiving in the air, it’s being celebrated on the ground. Emirates operated lounges at New York JFK, Boston, San Francisco and Los Angeles will be serving Thanksgiving meal items between the 8th November an 22nd November. Meanwhile on Thanksgiving Day, there will be a special menu in the Emirates lounge network in Dubai Airport.
Whilst travelling, an item or food that reminds you home is can important thing that adds familiarity – and bring back memories.
At a time where passengers are returning home to meet with family and friends, it might be a welcome thing to see in the air.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.