In news that should come as surprise to exactly no-one, Flybe is to withdraw from the Avios frequent flyer point collection and spend scheme from 30th April 2019
A full FAQ has been loaded at https://www.flybe.com/avios/faqs, but here are the highlights:
- The Airline will not be an Avios partner from 30th April 2019
- No Earn and spend Avios on or after this date
- If you’re a FlyBe Avios member, you’ll be contacted in the near future by Avios about the options.
- A new loyalty programme is in works , which is to be announced shortly
- Future redemption bookings are allowed beyond 30th April 2019, but need to be booked by the deadline
- You cannot cancel flights because you can’t earn Avios with FlyBe
As we all know, FlyBe is being propelled into a future where it will be owned by Connect Airways – made up by a partnership of Virgin Atlantic, Stobart Airways and Cyprus Capital – who will own the airline.
So it isn’t too far-fetched to guess what the future of any Loyalty Programme might be skewed toward, and what currency you’ll be earning.
For now, if you do have FlyBe Avios remaining – it might be time to move them to another Avios account… or spend the things…
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.