As we barrel into March, it’s time to look back into the last week of February at Economy Class and Beyond.
Heathrow and beyond
I’ve noticed since my race around Heathrow, there’s a fair few questions lurking in my inbox. I therefore wrote a three-part guide to get around, get out and go beyond the Heathrow Airport Area.
- Getting around Heathrow Airport for Free (or near enough nothing)
- Getting to and from Heathrow Airport from Central London
- To and From Heathrow: Beyond the London Bubble
Widebodies and Short Routes
Time to start a new trip report – as I go to Madrid with Tim of Points to be Made as we go off to Madrid to experience big planes on a short-haul route. What are the passenger experience differences between them?
- Widebodies and Short Routes – To Madrid with Iberia and British Airways
- Off to the Heathrow Area
- Two idiots race across Heathrow Airport
- Oh yes. We shot a video. And I need to learn how to vlog properly again. As well as control the camera a little better. And maybe better mic’s too.
New Aircraft News
- Air Vanuatu to add four Airbus A220 aircraft – a major expansion for Air Vanuatu, and could well increase connectivity to the island.
- British Airways opts for the Boeing 777-9 – The answer of “What’s going to replace British Airways Boeing 747-400 fleet” has been answered… in a Boeing 777-9 shaped package
- Comair take delivery of their first Boeing 737 MAX 8… in British Airways colours – Comair add the Boeing 737 MAX to their fleet – in a livery you might not expect.
- Brussels Airlines to launch its “Boutique in the Sky” A330 refit – it’s a boutique hotel in the sky… and a good refit coming in April 2018.
- British Airways reintroduces the Landor retrojet – RetroJet number three has been confirmed, with the classic Landor colour scheme reappearing.
Routes and Networks
- Air Belgium to resume Brussels – Hong Kong service for the Summer Season – If at first you don’t succeed… try, try again?
- First new Stansted Express train arrives – The first of the new trains by Stadler for Greater Anglia arrives. Will they improve the passenger experience?
- IHG to launch new all-suite hotel brand – Ever get the feeling we’re being segmented and diced to infinity?
- EOS R Long Term Review: Capturing the British Airways BOAC 747-400 – I take the EOS R for a spin with some aviation photography, and capturing a moment of British Airways History.
- Air New Zealand Boeing 777-300ER landing at London Heathrow – Taken the same day…
I’ll be continuing the Widebodies and Short Routes Trip report, as continuing my build up to The Passenger Experience Week, this time taking a deep dive into the Crystal Cabin Award nominees.
And if you want to connect during the Passenger Experience Week, that contact information goes live Monday sometime!
Until then – enjoy the week ahead!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.