Welcome to the end of another week at Economy Class and Beyond – and time to look back at the news and happenings that have been going on.
Headlines I haven’t covered
This week has been a fast push into the real world in a nasty way. As such, I haven’t had much time to write a lot of things I wanted to. Two big headlines though this week:
- JetBlue announces London to join their network – It seems after teasing it since 2017, JetBlue is finally making a move for making London a destination. Details are vague still (like which airport they want to serve).
- Jet Airways falls apart – With lessors taking back planes, International services cancelled until Monday and the airline surrendering its Heathrow slots back to Etihad… what next for the ailing carrier?
AIX19: Deep Dive
I’ve started my Aircraft Interiors Expo Deep Dive into a few things I found at the show. It’s a bit thin this week – but there will be more next week!
- Examining the Crystal Cabin Award winning Recaro CL3710 long haul economy seat – I dive into why this seat won a Crystal Cabin Award… and why airlines need to look at the upgrades it offers for passenger comfort.
New Aircraft News
- TAP Portugal takes delivery of its first A321LR – All the new shiny plane are heading to TAP Portugal. Can it raise its customer service to match?
- Stagecoach Group looses rights to operate trains – Virgin Trains West Coast, East Midlands Trains will change hands – The chaos of rail franchising cries havoc and let’s slips the dogs of war… and possible legal ramifications
- Eurostar flash sale – London to Amsterdam from £35 each way! – Live until the 15th April. Worth a punt if you want to travel to Amsterdam in comfort.
I’ve been pushing out a bunch of snapshots from my last adventure.
- Hyatt Regency O’Hare
- British Airways 294 Chicago to London Heathrow in World Traveller Plus
- British Airways 962 London Heathrow to Hamburg (Club Europe)
- Ibis Budget St Pauli, Hamburg
- British Airways 967 Hamburg to London (Club Europe)
Canon EOS R Review
I’m wrapping up my Canon EOS R review for a bit as I’ve explored using it in a lot of different use cases – and I have more to come over the summer. For now, please enjoy the entire series.
- Introducing the Canon EOS R
- City and Street Photography in Brussels
- Urban Exploration with a Model (featuring the RotoLight NEO II)
- Aviation Photography in Manchester
- Night time Model Photography
- The British Airways BOAC Boeing 747-400
- Living pains with the EOS R
- Studio Photography Life
- Not a conclusion, but the next steps forward
I’ll be kicking my AIX19 post show coverage into high gear as I look at seats, technologies and some other things that might raise an eyebrow or two. All being well, I’ll also kick off the hot mess that is the trip report.
And trust me… with some of the travel experiences I had on this trip, “hot mess” doesn’t even begin to describe
Until we meet again, thank you for reading!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.