It’s that time of the week, where we take a look back and the whys and wherefores of the passenger experience and aviation world in Last Week on Economy Class and Beyond.
News I didn’t cover
- Airbus Innovation Days. Strangely, my invite for this got lost. I wonder why.
- Niki Lauder – who as well as an impressive racing career was a passionate aviation businessman – who ran LaudaAir, Niki and LaudaMotion at various points. passed away on Tuesday. FlightGlobal has an excellent look back at his aviation work
- Avianca Brazil is in all sorts of pain. Expect more fireworks
- UK ePasssport Gates open up to more seven nationalities from 20th May 2019 – Entering the United Kingdom gets a lot easier for seven nationalities. But let’s hope the ePassport infrastucure can keep up…
- Japan Airlines first Airbus A350 takes to the air – Another new operators A350 takes to the skies for the first time
- Volaris selects Recaro SL3510 seats – More slimline seats on their way to Volaris
- First new Lufthansa A321neo rolls out with Geven seating – Yes, the age of 29″ seating is here. Its not horrible, but its here.
Routes and Networks
Virgin Atlantic to return to Mumbai – Operators are racing the fill some of the capacity that Jet Airways left behind.
New Aircraft News and Deliveries
- Ryanair delays Boeing 737 MAX entry into service – If you’re surprised, press one.
- Airbus extends the range of the A220 family – Airbus added another 450 nautical miles and new possibilities with the A220 family.
- Delta takes delivery of its first A330-900neo – And the first delivery is off to North America
Storage Review and Walkthrough
I’m starting a new series on Storage, and my new storage solution. And it’s an interesting dive into storage technology. Well. Maybe.
Bank Holiday Rail Works
- No Piccadilly Line underground to Heathrow Airport this weekend – Because you needed an excuse to take TfL Rail/Heathrow Express into London, didn’t you?
I’m still hunting for the right summer fare for my trip out, as well as a quick break to Helsinki (there are reasons… but mainly as I need a break from the office shortly).. But I’ll be keeping tabs on the world of passenger experience new aircraft deliveries.
Until we catch up again, stay safe!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.