Well, it’s that time of week where your sunburnt correspondent looks back at the week in Passenger Experience, Orders and other experiences is Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
This week, in “random photo on my iPhone I took”, we’re at Dublin Airport at the Turning Point art installation by Isabel Nolan that greets arrivals at Terminal 2 arrivals.
- The #avgeek community – its an amazing thing (Featuring Donuts on the Mound) – I was in Dublin yesterday for this… and it’s not just a chance to watch planes, but a chance to enhance a community. And that’s never a bad thing/
ICO proposes fines
And it’s heavy fines to both British Airways over their breach last year and Mariott International over the Starwood data breach. And we’re not talking the old fashioned £500,000 breaches – we’re going into multi-millions.
Don’t expect these to be the last.
- British Airways to be hit with a £183 million fine over data breach
- Marriott International set to face a £99 million GDPR breach fine
Routes and Networks
- Lufthansa to move more Airbus A380s to Munich – the move splits the Lufthansa A380 evenly between Munich and Frankfurt. Will the balance tilt towards Munich?
New Aircraft News
- Azores Airlines takes delivery of its first Airbus A321LR – Another day, another new A321LR takes to the skies.
- Air China to add another 20 Airbus A350 aircraft to its fleet – A vote of confidence in Airbus with 20 more A350 family aircraft to be added
- British Airways opens its new San Francisco Lounge – If you’re lounging in San Francisco, Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair…
- Unpacking All Nippon Airways new Premium Products – along with a small stinger – Lots of lovely things at the front of the plane… but as usual, it seems the back of the plane has been well and truly forgotten about.
I’m starting to put together my Summer break. Yes dear friends – I have booked a summer holiday after a stressful few months in the office.
I’ve dropped some hints on Twitter where I might be going, and some of the things I’m trying organise to get from A to B.
Via C, D, E, Z and so on.
More as the trip comes together next week.
Until then – Happy landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.