It’s time to look back at the week at the Blog as we gaze into Last Week on Economy Class and Beyond whilst I try to work through a summer cold.
In “images of semi-daily life around Birmingham because sorting though more images is always fun”, we come to when I went Lush with a friend…. and found beckoning Lucky Cat bath bombs.
New Aircraft News
- Airbus deliver Thai AirAsia X’s first Airbus A330-900neo – 377 seater A330neo.
- Air Canada First A220 routes confirmed – San Jose and Seattle will see Air Canada’s A220 first.
- Vietnam Airlines recieves its first Boeing 787-10 Dreamliner – Another operator joins the Boeing 787-10 club.
Routes and Networks
- Norwegian Air Shuttle to pull the plug on Irish-North American Routes – Blame aircraft availability or economics… or both?
- Virgin Atlantic and Delta plan Summer 2020 increases between the UK and USA – A welcome capacity increase
Hong Kong Unrest
- TRAVEL ALERT: Hong Kong International Airport Closed to departing traffic (12 August)
- Cathay Pacific Senior Management team resigns – Anyone would thing the CCP would have an overall view on how the airline runs or something….
- Goodbye Virgin Trains… Hello First Trenitalia – After 20 years of Virgin Trains, it’s almost time for them to say goodbye.
- China Southern’s first A350-900 shown off with a full Recaro seat interior – A big win for Recaro with nose-to-tail seating installed by them
- British Airways to trial In-Flight Virtual Reality with Skylights – Another step for VR in the sky with Skylights AlloSky headset taking flight with British Airways
I’m still in the process of wrapping up this trip report. Hopefully a lot more of it will appear next week!
- Donuts in Dublin – EI263 Birmingham to Dublin
- Donuts in Dublin – Spotting on the mount (Airplane Art Special)
Some very pretty picture heavy snapshots this week – with the emphasis on Qatar Airways
- Qatar Airways 302 Helsinki to Doha – Business Class
- Qatar Airways 946 Doha to Singapore (QSuites Business Class)
I’m going to aim to finish up the Dublin Day trip, whilst adding a couple more snapshots from my most recent trip. I’ll also be covering the latest news in passenger experience too as always.
Until we see each other again next week – stay safe!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.