Food Mistakes in Bangkok featuring Asiatique
Summer Premium Adventures
In this Summer Premium Adventure (Warning: Long!)
- In the Summertime when the weather is hot…
- Off to Heathrow, British Airways Galleries North Lounge
- BA762 London Heathrow to Oslo – A321neo (EuroTraveller)
- Oslo Airport, OSL Lounge
- AY914 Oslo to Helsinki, Business Class
- Helsinki Airport lounging
- QR302 Helsinki to Doha (Business Class)
- Doha Lounge Stop Part 1
- QR946 Doha to Singapore (QSuites)
- Hotel Indigo, Katong, Singapore
- Exploring Hawker Markets
- Intercontinental, Bugis, Singapore
- Orchids Everywhere – The National Orchid Garden
- Off to Changi featuring the Singapore Pokemon Centre
- Scoot TR604 Singapore to Bangkok
- Dream Hotel, Bangkok
- Exploring the Wats
- Food Mistakes in Bangkok (Or Regrets. I have a more than a few)
- Back to Suvarnabhumi, Qatar Airways Lounge, Bangkok Airport
- QR833 Bangkok to Doha (QSuites)
- Another long Doha Layover
- QR175 Doha to Oslo
- Back at Oslo Airport
- BA767 Oslo to London Heathrow (EuroTraveller)
- Homeward bound
- Always Curious
To say my stomach went to an unsettled state in Bangkok towards the end of my trip… would be… an understatement. Put it like this – I stayed as long as I could near the hotel, just in case of an “emergency”.
What do I pin it to? These chicken bites I had the day before?
I don’t think so – they seemed well done and cooked with the meat white throughout. That and the sauces were very nice.
On top of that – Mango and Orange Juice were delectable.
No ladies and gentlemen. I think I pin this bug straight at – a venue that combines a night market, a mall and food all into one friendly place that is devoid of soul and life.
Or to put it more bluntly, a compact version of the city in a small place. It is accessible via boat, both on the Orange flag boat and a directly operated free service.
And as a venue, it is very nice looking – if a little soulless, as if they’ve tried to combine a lot of things about Bangkok in one place.
There was also a Venga-party boat going past. That should had put me on yellow alert straight away.
There is also a food section there – with lots of different options for food (although reasonably-priced – be it a cow being dismembered, fresh juices, seafood and chicken.
I thought to play it safer than usual and had some chicken and squid.
Because that’s normally pretty safe in food terms.
Eating outside, it went down pretty reasonably. With some bottled water, all would be well. And the venue was bustling – normally a good sign.
Even if it felt more than a little artificial. At least there’s a free boat you can take back to Sathorn (Taskin Bridge). From there, you can take the train back into the centre.
But the next day… those skewers cashed in their B200. And more.
Whilst I was able to function, knowing where the nearest small room was would turn into a battle of the day.
And yes. It was more than a challenging day – when you start to feel rubbish on holiday, it’s never a good feeling. It didn’t help that looking for drugs that you recognise can be… more than an unwelcome challenge – one I had to put off until I hit Doha…
So, lesson learned: Carry Loperamide. It’s not worth the risk…
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.