The National Orchid Garden, Singapore
Summer Premium Adventures
In this Summer Premium Adventure (Warning: Long!)
- In the Summertime when the weather is hot…
- Off to Heathrow, British Airways Galleries North Lounge
- BA762 London Heathrow to Oslo – A321neo (EuroTraveller)
- Oslo Airport, OSL Lounge
- AY914 Oslo to Helsinki, Business Class
- Helsinki Airport lounging
- QR302 Helsinki to Doha (Business Class)
- Doha Lounge Stop Part 1
- QR946 Doha to Singapore (QSuites)
- Hotel Indigo, Katong, Singapore
- Exploring Hawker Markets
- Intercontinental, Bugis, Singapore
- Orchids Everywhere – The National Orchid Garden
- Off to Changi featuring the Singapore Pokemon Centre
- Scoot TR604 Singapore to Bangkok
- Dream Hotel, Bangkok
- Exploring the Wats.
- Fooding in Bangkok (Or Regrets. I have a few)
- Back to the airport
- Qatar Airways Lounge, Bangkok Airport
- QR388 Bangkok to Doha (QSuites)
- A Doha Long layover Part 2
- QR105 Doha to Oslo
- Back at Oslo Airport
- BA767 Oslo to London Heathrow (EuroTraveller)
- Always Curious
Heading off to the National Orchid Garden – you can do it one of two ways – MRT to Botanic Gardens then walk, or catch a Grab to one of the drop-off points.
I’d advise the latter, as you will be doing a lot of walking along the way. And it’s uphill from the MRT station. Good if you want to exercise and get your steps in for the day… not so good if your feet are aching from previous walking adventures.
Once you get there it’s a matter of following the signs and walking through the botanical gardens till you reach the entrance.
With an S$5 entrance fee, it was time to explore nature a bit – away from the city noise.
That is unless a local decided to play “Nothing Compares 2 U” loudly on the radio, ruining the moment” I have no problems with this great song written by Prince and sung by Sinned O’Connor – but there are a time and a place. And in the Orchid Gardens in the Botanical Gardens isn’t it.
However once past the lover of the Prince song, I just lost myself in orchids for a while – escaping the bustle of a city.
Again if you’re artsy, or handy with a camera, this is the perfect place to hone some of your photography skills
The grounds are full of orchids. Plenty for you to get lost in and relax in a natural environment.
The venue can be busy – but it isn’t hard to find a quiet spot if you need a few minutes alone in the busy city.
And sometimes, a little peace, quiet and mindfulness is a good thing Especially when you have a walk that is going to tax your muscles (as well as any Pokemon Go bonuses).
I spent around an hour walking, taking my time.
Eventually, I exited the gardens via the shop, and begun the long walk down to the MTR Entrance, refreshed and ready to face the pace of life again.
Overall: The botanical gardens are perfect to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. The main gardens themselves are free, whilst the Orchid Garden is a mere S$5 extra. If you’re enjoying the city and need to get away from some of the hustle and bustle – I can highly recommend it.
Next: Back to Singapore Changi, The Jewel and the Pokemon Centre.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.