We’ve once again reached the end of another week of fun and games in the aviation industry. Therefore let’s take a look back in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
This week for “pictures from my iPhone”, I’m in Bridgnorth in Shropshire – at the Severn Valley Railway where I conducted a retro-modelshoot (and stick around to the end of the post if you want to see a couple of the shots from the shoot)
The Business of Aviation
- FlyBe to become Virgin Connect – A re-brand is coming for FlyBe as Virgin assets its control on the airline. But it’s going to take more than a re-brand to help this airline…
- Air Arabia and Etihad to launch a low-cost carrier out of Abu Dhabi – The term, “if you can’t beat them, join them” comes to mind with this Etihad/Air Arabia Joint Venture
New Aircraft News
Air Austral turns to the Airbus A220 – Another three orders for the A220 family
Swiss Airbus A220 grounding
However, It’s not been a good week for Swiss with the airline having to ground its A220 fleet for two days for engine checks
Things I haven’t covered:
Three items of note
- The on-going Boeing 737 MAX MCAS scandal continues (The Air Current)
- Who wants a Boeing 777-300ERSF(Special Freighter)? GECAS and IAI are making one it seems
- Qantas try out their Project Sunrise flight between New York and Sydney. Just under 20 hours in the air.
An Irish Aviation Enthusiasts Day Out
It’s time to bring this trip report to a close as I finish up this day trip. And yes – I finished a trip report. That in itself is a minor achievement these days.
- Behind the Scenes at Dublin Airport (Expanded)
- Back to being a passenger in T2/T1
- Aer Lingus Regional EI3276 Dublin to Birmingham
- 25 hours and 36 minutes later…
Summer Premium Adventures
We’re getting back to flying next week as I look at QSuites and the Collins Aerospace Diamond Seats again. But for now, have some adventures and misadventures from Bangkok.
- Into Bangkok and The Dream Hotel
- Exploring some of Bangkok’s Famous Wats
- Food Mistakes in Bangkok featuring Asiatique
- Back to Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport and the Qatar Airways Lounge
And a couple from the shoot…
- Model: Miss Rosie Lea
- First Photo – Shot on iPhone
- Second and Third Photos – Shot on a Canon EOS R with either a Canon EF50mm f1.2 or a Canon EF24-105 f4 L
I’m going to tie up a lot of the loose ends of the Singapore and Bangkok trip all being well (mainly as I’ve almost finished writing those segments up). And who knows… if I finish packing, I might head off for a break.
You’ll find out where soon enough.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.