It’s time to look back on a rather busy week in aviation – with Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond
This week in photos from Birmingham comes this curious tower. Known as Perott’s Folly. Built by John Perrott in 1758, it a part of the skyline in Edgbaston, Birmingham. And for those who think it looks a little like The Orthanc… well, J R R Tolkien did grow up in Ladywood and Edgbaston…
Routes and Networks
- Wizz Air plots further growth out of Krakow, Gdansk and Warsaw – Whilst the CEO suggests business flights under five hours to be scrapped, he’s happy to throw on more short-haul routes.
- Iberia plots Summer 2020 expansion and adds Washington DC to its network – Gains across the Iberia Long Haul network
- Emirates temporarily cuts capacity to Hong Kong – The Hong Kong protests take their toll on the biggest of them all/
- Austrian Airlines to introduce Vienna to Boston route, Up-scales Chicago operations – More North American coverage for Austrian Airlines
New Aircraft news
- To Fly, To Roll-Out – Club Suite roll-out to continue until 2025 – It’s going to be a long roll-out for British Airways Club Suite. Get comfy.
- Turkish Airlines selects Global Eagle for narrow body In-flight Connectivity – Ku Connectivity with Turkish Airlines
- Manchester Airports “PremiAir” private terminal opens – A private Terminal at Manchester Airport for £50 upwards. Worth it to skip the security queues at this airport?
The Green Agenda
- Hyatt works towards removing single use plastics – It’s almost as if hotels are waking up to the cost of amenities in small bottles.
I’m finishing up the snapshots from my most recent trip – as I prepare to start my next trip report. Check back next week for the report!
It’s the Dubai Airshow next week – so I’ll be keeping an eye on the orders flying in and out of Dubai World Central. On top of that, I will be kicking off a trip report too from my recent Chicago Trip.
And of course – all the latest news in passenger experience, connectivity, routes and networks.
Stay safe out there!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.