We’re coming ever closer to Christmas and the New Year – but the news never stops. So it’s time to take a pause and look back at the world in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
It was the weekend before Chritmas – and lots of creatures stired in the night of the Winter Solstis. New Street at Night with the Frankfurt German Market in town.
- When British Airways and Heathrow Airport go the extra mile… – And it does make me rather happy when they can.
Routes and Networks
- Singapore Airlines add Brussels to its network – another dot and line as Singapore Airlines return to the land of Surrealism.
- British Airways announces more North American connectivity – Portland, OR – one way of doing the Oregon Trail… without dying of dysentery
- United Airlines to add Dublin to San Francisco Service – Wearing flowers in your hair is optional. Maybe.
If it’s Boeing, it’s not going…
The Business of Aviation
- British Airways and China Southern sign a Joint Business Agreement – JBA’s continue to rule the roost.
- ZipAir Tokyo turns to JAMCO and Recaro for seats for their Boeing 787 – A rather premium product for a low-cost airline.
- Juneyao Air launches its A320neo operations – with all Recaro Seating inside – Another airline goes for a nose-to-tail with Recaro Aircraft Seating for passenger products.
New Aircraft News
- Air France firms up its order for 60 Airbus A220 aircraft – Another 60 A220-300s on the way. Farewell A318 and A319
- Air Canada take delivery of their first Airbus A220 – And Air Canada take delivery of their first one.
- British Airways 478 London Heathrow to Barcelona El Prat
- British Airwats 481 Barcelona El Prat to London Heathrow
As we’re heading into the Christmas and New Year period, like a lot of outlets – we’re cutting back on posts and such until the new year. However, I do have trip report waiting in the wings for me to grammar check and hit publish on. Hopefully, that’ll be starting Monday or Tuesday Evening.
We’ll also start looking back at the Year in our Review 2020 series too – so keep an eye out for that.
If you are travelling home for Christmas and New Years – safe travels!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.