Well, we’re into the new year, and whilst the presses have been quiet, There are a few things that have happened, so let’s look at them in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
This week in “Pictures I took when walking in the cold from the office”, I’m at the Mailbox complex, looking down the Birmingham Canel (Old Line), facing towards Gas Street Basin.
It’s been more than a little quiet, I’ve chosen to have a little bit of a writing break too – which is nice occasionally when you work, blog and do photography.
- I’ve chosen not to cover the accident this week, where three British Airways staff lost their lives in an accident near Heathrow Airport. However, their Go Fund Me is live if you wish to contribute
The Business of Aviation
- Ernest Airlines ordered to halt flights from 13th January – The first casualty of the year it seems. Will Ernest and his funky paint scheme recover?
Routes and Networks
- LOT Polish Airlines announces Washington Dulles Service – It looks like growth is on the agenda for 2020 for LOT Polish Airlines.
- British Airways to offset Carbon Emissions on Domestic flights – the beginning of a carbon charge for all flights?
- Airbus launches the HC-130 Aston Martin Edition – When your helicopter has to match your car.
I took a look back at the dust of 2019 and saw what came out. Turns out – there was a fair bit to unpack. Click through to discover my thoughts on the previous year.
- Review 2019: Good Year and Bad Year
- Review 2019: What has caught your eye…
- REVIEW 2019: My Year in Review
A Modelling Day Out
I’m still putting the bells and whistles on this trip report as it’s taken some time to process out the pictures for it. Good things come to those who wait…
With the holiday season behind us, the aviation industry will be starting to work out what it wants to do, what it wants to promote and hopefully some interesting stories to cover. In addition, I’ll be continuing the Modelling Day out… once I’ve put all the images together for this.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.