If I’m full of cold and flu and it being Sunday, it must be time for Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Please excuse the lack of writing this week. I’ve had a case of man-flu and thus the world will suffer with me (well, it was bad to the tail end of the week… I seem to be recovering at the moment. Shot in my other office in Birmingham that resembles a chain coffee shop).
- The Boeing 737 MAX. It seems that Boeing can’t catch a break with the plane “designed by clowns and supervised by Monkeys”. Add in the requirement for Boeing 737 MAX simulators too, and this isn’t over yet. By a long shot.
- The tragic Ukraine International Boeing 737 Crash – Go to the news outlets. It’s all there sadly.
- Emirates to offer more vegan meals in January – Lots of choices, but no Vegan Steak Bake or Sausage Roll. You’ll have to go to Greggs and fear the wrath of Piers Morgan.
- American Airlines to use Google technology to help translations – Ok Google. Help me be understood at a lounge.
- JFK Terminal 8 Redevelopment kicks off – A new JFK T8 on the way. But will be too small by the time it’s complete for the passenger flow?
- Brussels Airlines to shutter its Loop loyalty programme – Brøther, would you spære a lööp or thrëë? You’ve got the 31st January to earn them, and a year to spend you Lööps. And there’s no transfers to Miles and More. (and I’m not done with this meme by a long shot).
Routes and Networks
The Business of Aviation
- International Airlines Group CEO Wille Walsh to step down – With Willie going, that sound you hear is Alex Cruz brushing up is CV/Resume…
A Modelling Day Out
I had planned to publish more of this trip report. But… well – see above. Let’s look at the passenger experience aboard a morning flight from London, getting into Barcelona and working with the model in the city.
- A Modelling Day Out – British Airways BA478 London Heathrow to Barcelona El Prat
- A Modelling Day Out – Into Barcelona on the Aerobús
- A Modelling Day Out – Working with a Model on Location in Barcelona
Providing my man flu takes a running jump and I’m left with a cough to scare anyone in a five mile radius (and that’s fun too.. trust me), I’m hoping to finish up the Modelling Day out trip report. As well as that, I have some technology reviews brewing – as well as the latest and greatest from the work of passenger experience, new aircraft news and so on.
Now, please excuse me. I need more Lockets and decongestants.
Happy and flu free landings!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.