It’s Sunday again, and it sure it windy out there. But there’s always a chance to look back at the week in Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
With Storm Ciara hitting the UK and Ireland, cancellations are ahead. Check before you travel.
- British Airways updates amenities in World Traveller (Economy Class) – People like new pillows and blankets. Its a fact.
- Dublin Airport partners with SSP to bring local food and drinks brands to the airport – OffBeat Donuts are coming to Dublin Airport. I’d be lieing if I said I wasn’t excited.
New aircraft news
- Ryanair sees 737 MAX delays into the Autumn – It’s going to be some time before the Ryanair Boeing 737 MAX-200’s turn up. Get comfy…
- Batik Air takes delivery of its first A320neo – Lion Air’s full service arm gets its first A320neo.
Routes and Networks
- South African Airways slices its network – First it sells its older aircraft, now it chops up its network.
- Kuwait Airways chooses Panasonic IFE systems for its A330neo aircraft – Panasonic’s X Series IFE system will feature on Kuwait Airways Airbus A330-800neo.
It’s time for me to pay attention to a bit of the site I’ve let go for sometime – Travel Technology. This time, we’re looking at the Microsoft Surface Go. How does it stack up in a few use cases?
There has been a lot more happening than I’ve written about the Cornavirus, with Cathay Pacific cutting flight and asking staff to take 3 weeks unpaid leave, Hong Kong Airlines cutting 400 staff and other Chinese airlines reacting by putting out to pasture pilots. It’s continuing to be a nasty, virus-ridden mess. I’ll be keeping an eye on things as things happen.
- Eurostar sets the date for direct Amsterdam – London Services – I tried out Eurostar when they launched the London – Amsterdam service. It seems the customs and immigration checkpoints are now installed, ready for passengers soon
We’ll be continuing our coverage of IFE, Aircraft news as well as keeping an eye out on the latest on the Coronavirus too. I’ll also be picking up on Travel Technolog next week in a few more ways.
Until then – Keep safe out there.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.