It’s rather windy and wet here as Storm Dennis batters the United Kingdom. However, the show does go on. Therefore welcome to Last Week at Economy Class and Beyond.
Routes and Networks
- Aeroflot plans a move to Tokyo International Airport (Haneda) – Aeroflot has been busy, with a new route to Tokyo Haneda as well as announcing codeshares with Japan Airlines
- British Airways to start summer-only Newquay route – Heathrow to Newquay route for the summer It’s almost as if they’re going after another airline…
- Virgin Atlantic adds Cape Town to its network – Welcome back to Cape Town Virgin Atlantic
The Business of Aviation
- Airbus and the Government of Quebec purchases Bombardier’s share of the A220 programme – Bombardier exit commercial aviation and sell on the A220 programme to Airbus and the Government of Quebec. Although with noises going around, there won’t be much of Bombardier left in the future…
- British Airways and Royal Air Moroc sign a codeshare agreement – Ahead of RAM joining oneworld, it’s making nice with British Airways.
- Alaska Airlines moves closer to oneworld – Good or Bad news? – It depends on if you’re using the frequent flyer programme to fly Emirates or Singapore Airlines on the cheap… `
New Aircraft News
- Airbus A330-800neo gains type certification – the smaller A330neo gets its type certificate. Now it needs something rather important… orders.
Do I twist or do I fold?
Storm Ciara and Storm Dennis
Whilst Ciara has been and gone, Storm Dennis is menacing the country this weekend. Please allow extra time for your journeys… says he who got soaked and blown over when playing Pokemon on a Saturday.
I’ve got some bits and bobs on next week as I work out the final parts of my Hamburg and Chicago jigsaw of a trip. But as well as that, I’ll be keeping an eye on the world of passenger experience, network news and who’s ordering what.
Until then… stay safe from the storm!
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.