With the ongoing Human Malware (Covid-19), American Airlines is extending its wavier for changing flights.
The waiver is split into two parts – those with travel plans through to 30th April 2020, and those purchasing tickets through to 31st March 2020.
Those with travel plans through to 30th April 2020
American has extended its offer to waive change fees for customers who purchased tickets prior to March 1 for travel through April 30. The offer is available for any of American’s fares and customers have until December 31 to rebook travel for future flights.
- Any ticket purchased prior to March 1 will not incur change fees prior to travel. Customers must pay any fare difference, if applicable, at time of ticketing of the new fare.
- This is available for any of American’s fares for travel through April 30.
- The new ticket must be reissued on/before December 31 or 12 months from the original ticket date (whichever is earlier).
Extending change fee waivers for customers purchasing travel through March 31
American has extended its offer to waive change fees for customers who purchase travel through March 31. Customers will have even more flexibility since any ticket purchased by March 31 will not incur change fees prior to travel. The offer is available for any of American’s published non-refundable fares.
- Any ticket purchased from March 1 at 4:30 p.m. CT and March 31, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. CT will not incur change fees prior to travel.
- This is available for any of American’s non-refundable published fares.
As usual, keep an eye on the existing travel on aa.com/travelalerts.
Flexibility is the name of the game
With passenger loads reducing, keeping a little flexibility will be essential as airlines try to predict loads into the summer and beyond. By allowing passengers to change their flights without change fees (except fare difference), it gives passengers a little reassurance about booking something in the future, and them having to change flights in case of issues.
Welcome to Economy Class and Beyond – Your no-nonsense guide to network news, honest reviews, with in-depth coverage, unique research as well as the humour and madness as I only know how to deliver.